Monday, October 20, 2008

How not to make friends

So I am walking into Corbitt (the main Media-Comm building for you non-asburians) and was signing up for my advising appointment before heading to class. This guy is standing there - I have no idea who he is or was, since I've never seen him before - and he looks at my shirt (emblazoned with a Patriots logo for tonight's game) and says, "Are you really a Patriots fan?" I answer, "Heck, yeah!" "Really?" He asks. "Even with their coach being a cheater?" Now the thing is that there wasn't a hint of playfulness or jest in his voice at all. He was dead serious and his tone indicated that I probably shouldn't call myself a Christian and a Patriots fan - like it was some kind of paradox. Needless to say, it pissed me off. In my most seriously irritated tone I said, "Don't even start with me, buddy." I walked away.
The moral of this story is: if you want to make friends, insulting people is probably not the best way to do it.

4 comments:

UKgirl98 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
UKgirl98 said...

I don't know Eric....I insulted you and you grew to love me. But then again how could you not...Im so loveable

UKgirl98 said...

But then again I didnt mean to insult you in the first place

Heather said...

Wow. What a jerk! I hope the Pats win tonight so you can get sweet revenge. :)