Saturday, February 13, 2010

Week Five in L.A.

It's hard to believe that week five has passed and we're on to week numero six! It's so funny...during the week I'll think "I really need to remember that when I blog." Then, I forget what it was when I actually sit down. So, let's see what I can remember. On Wednesday I sat down with a new friend of mine for coffee and we talked about life, family, faith, film, and then some. It was such a nice conversation and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's always nice to get another perspective on things.
What else? I got hired as a production manager for a Census Bureau PSA and that was a good experience. Of course, there's always those moments when you feel in a bit over your head and forget things and feel silly...but, that's how we learn, right? So, that went well until the very end when everyone had left and I locked my keys in my trunk. I had to call AAA and wait for them. Then I hit tons and tons of traffic heading back into LA. At one point it took me thirty minutes to drive one mile. So, I turned the music up and chilled. Unfortunately though, I couldn't allow myself to get too chill since I only got two and a half hours of sleep last night. It's my fault, I admit it. I went to IHop with some friends and had a great time hanging out and chatting. Too fun :-)
I'm gearing up to shoot my second and final project for my MPP class, so that'll be nice and I'll be totally finished with that class on the second of March. However, still waiting on our locked script for the HPW project that I'm directing. I'm super excited about it and am thrilled to be working with the people I'm working with. We'll start the casting process pretty soon and I'm looking forward to that.
Funny story: Heard a piece of a conversation that a boy had with his mother at the park today: Little boy running around in the beautiful seventy-two degree, sunny weather (That's right, I said it) and his mother says, "That's a good work out, isn't it?"
The boy says, "Yeah, but you're the one that needs it." WOW! Anyway...
I got to talk with my family again today. I cried. I know that it's feeling even bigger since I'm tired, but I'm really missing them. If I didn't know that what I'm doing is the right thing to be doing...it would be unbearable. Nonetheless, I miss them greatly.
Well, that's it for me. I love you all and thank you all for your continued love and prayers. It has truly been a spiritually refreshing time for me.

No comments: