Saturday, February 6, 2010

Week Four in L.A.

I've got to tell you that the hardest part about doing this once a week is that I forget what has happened too often.
So, let's see what I can remember for those of you that actually read this :-) I was offered a job as a production manager for a weekend PSA shoot. I took it because, well it's a job, and it's experience, etc. I'm excited about that prospect. I'm loving my internship, working with some amazing people and getting lots experience and gaining tons and tons of knowledge as to how this business works on several different levels.
I really like the city of L.A. It's got a fun "vibe" to it and there's tons of things to do and most of it is within walking distance. I'm thoroughly enjoying my time here. I do, indeed, miss my family and talk to them often. Maybe too often...I'm afraid I'll get home and they'll be, "Oh, hey dad. I know you were gone, but we talked to you every freakin' day, so it was kind of hard to really 'miss' you." I'm sure that's not the case, but it would suck if it was. Blah blah blah
I bought a GPS, so that's cool. I'm pretty pumped about that especially since I'll be traveling some with the PSA shoot and it would be horrible to get lost. Which, by the way is easy to do in this town if you don't know where you are or where you're going. Sunday is Super Bowl Sunday and I'll be heading out to spend the day with my cousin, Erica, and her boyfriend. I think it's been something like 12 or 13 years since I've seen her and I'm really looking forward to reconnecting with family. And using my GPS to get there :-)
What else? I've helped some other students out on their projects and that's been fun and even had some time to sit down to dinner with some new people and start to build relationships. Which is awesome and I enjoy getting to know people.
David and I watched "Serenity" on blu-ray, which kicked some serious booty. Then we stayed up late jumping back and forth between "Blue Harvest," "The Best of Will Farrell," both of which had to constantly buffer, and "What Happens in Vegas." We laughed so hard and it was a great stress reliever. I'm so thankful for good friends.
I'm still picking through the AFI top 100 movies. I keep putting them in later at night and end up falling asleep, so it's taking me forever to watch them. Right now on my coffee table sit, "The Searchers," "Raging Bull," and "City Lights." I'm looking forward to watching them, I just have to start them earlier in the evening I think :-)
Well, I can't think of too much else. I guess if I think of anything I'll let you all know. Thanks again for all your love and support.

1 comment:

Charles Edward Pogue said...

Yes, The Searchers. In my top ten.