Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week Three in L.A.

Wow I can't believe that three weeks have passed already which send us speeding into week four. Amazing. Anyway, this'll be rather brief since I need to go get ready. Good week, I was selected to direct one of the five Hollywood Production Workshop films that we'll do this semester, and my script was chosen as one of those five films. so, that was exciting. David and I have been working on developing a feature length script and that's going very well and we're having a lot of fun doing it. Definitely looking forward to where that will lead us.
I started my internship this week and ended up having dinner at the Marina Del Ray Ritz with the two producers and casting director from my office, the writer/director for the film they're working on, and the investors. It was pretty cool. I felt a little like Leonardo in Titanic :-)
The weather continues to be wonderful for the time being: 65 degrees and sunny. I even walked several miles around town yesterday in shorts and a t-shirt. My legs hurt, but I can still live with the weather :-)
I had a couple tough mornings this week as I really felt the absence of my family. One of those mornings I even called Lori and, more or less, broke down. Usually the mornings are so quiet and that's when my mind has time to register the time and space between us. Normally there's so much going on that my mind stays occupied. Not that I don't miss them or don't think about them in those times, but it's just easier to deal with since my mind is in a different gear. If that makes any sense at all.
What else? I shot my first Motion Picture Production class project and have been working on editing it this week. Another final tweak or two this weekend and it'll be done. Woot woot! I also worked on David's project and had a blast and today I'm helping Ben out with his project and am looking forward to that as well.
As far as trying to get through the top 100 movies on the AFI list, I had to bring Lawrence of Arabia back to give someone else a chance to watch it. I felt like I didn't have time to watch all aprox. 4 hours of it. I could've broken it into chunks, but I feel like I've been so busy with projects and stuff. I'll get through it eventually. I'm going to try "the Searchers" and "The Clockwork Orange." We'll see how that goes.
So, I think that's about it. If I think of anything else I'll add an addendum.
Thanks again to you all for your love, prayers, thoughts, and support.

No comments: