Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day seven in L.A.

Alrighty then! This not only concludes my first full week in the nifty town of Los Angeles, but it also will conclude these daily blogs. I will, instead, post once a week. As things get busier I believe that will be the easiest to keep up with. Of course, there may be times when something so cool happens that it warrants its own blog...anyway...
So, day seven, the last day of the first week here at the LAFSC (Los Angeles Film Studies Center) we met in our "expectations" groups where we discussed what we sacrificed to be here and what our expectations/plans are for the semester. It was fun to hear so many different perspectives. From there we at lunch at a place called Fiddler's Bistro (I think that's the name) and it was amazing. I got the chance to talk with a couple guys that I don't normally get a chance to chat with since we aren't in any groups (other than this one) together.
Anyway...Went to class, pitched a rather crazy and darkly comedic idea, got some feedback and am going to take it in an entirely different direction. Then, David and I bounced some story ideas around, watched Scorsese's "The Departed" with one of my roommates. One of my other roommates came home and brought a friend and we all sat around laughing and talking for quite some time before David and Josh (one of my roommates) decided to make a late night run to IHOP. It was a good day :-)
So, I love you all and appreciate and value all your continued support and prayer. I'm having a great time here, but most certainly miss my family.

No comments: