Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day four in L.A.

I figured I should do these while I had the chance :-)
Had our second orientation session of the week this morning from 9-12:30. I enjoyed it. We talked a lot about three act structure. Talk about writing always stresses me out, especially since I'm in a bit of a creative writing dry spell. Anyway...
After lunch I head back to the center for my equipment lab, mostly a review of what I've learned at Asbury, where they go through the rundown of what equipment is available and what they expectations are of the students. From there is was onto the first meet of my Motion Picture Production (MPP) group. We have to do three 5 minute films, two of which are done on our own and one in a group. At least I think that's what they said :-) I volunteered with one other brave soul to be one of the first to go. That means I have to pitch a character driven idea on Friday and will start shooting next week. On the upside, I'll be done with this segment almost a whole month earlier than those who are going last. I'll still have to go to the class, but I'll be done with my part of it.
After class I got to chat with Lori and the kids, something I always enjoy and look forward to and then it was off to the gym with my buddy, David. We'll both probably be sore in the next day or two. Anyway, now I must sit down and write this "coverage" on a script they gave us. We'll see how that goes :-)
Talk to ya'll soon!

No comments: