Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day three in L.A.

Alright. I may or may not keep doing this for everyday that I'm here. Why? I'm glad you asked. Some days will simply be less interesting than others. But still, I may try even if a day's entry is super short and super boring.
Anyway, I'm writing day three at the the start of day four since I totally forgot last night. So...I think I'm adjusting to the time and have been able, so far, to go to bed at a reasonable time and get up early and not be rushed, so that's nice. I'm sure that as we get into projects that will change.
Day three we had a 9-12:30 orientation session in which we played a game about culture. I won't go into details, but suffice it to say I felt really silly playing this game. The point,however, was good. When you step into a new culture you have to be sensitive to that and also have an understanding of your own culture. Like people honking at me because I took a millisecond to decide which way I needed to turn...it annoyed me because in Versailles we're not nearly as fast paced as people here in L.A. Anyway, you get the idea. We also had a question and answer time and the faculty dispelled some of the common misconceptions about Hollywood and the industry. That would be my favorite part of the session.
That was it for me that day, so I came back to the apartment and read the script they wanted us to read. I talked with Lori and the kids for a while - best part of the day. Then David and I got lost trying to find each other and when we did meet up we were supposed to take our gym membership forms to the pool office, but ended up in the wrong place. So, later my roommate, Josh, was headed out to take his membership form, so I tagged along. We also got a little lost, but eventually found it. Now, I know where it is! The pool is quite awesome too. Two salt water pools and a hot tub. Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about!
Well that's about it. I'm sure you'll get tired of reading these everyday, but I promise there will be some days that are very exciting. Again, though, no promises that I will do these blogs every day, but I'll try to be somewhat consistent.
Love you all!

No comments: