Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day five in L.A.

I have come to the conclusion that after this first week I will only blog once a week. So I am blogging for day five on day six. Let's see if I can keep that straight! We had our last orientation class for our internship yesterday and interviews start today...mine isn't until next week though. Listed casting directors' offices as my first choice, Agents' offices as my second, and then post production houses as my third. I know that last one seems totally unrelated, but...
There is an acting class that they are offering as an extracurricular type of thing that I would love to take. It's being taught by someone who is working as an actor and has studied at five different schools here in L.A. So, this is another faith thing for me since it's an additional cost and this program is already been pricey. Anyway, so pray that God will make a way for me to do that since it is my primary passion in the world of film.
Blah blah blah...So in the afternoon we had our first meeting for our Hollywood Production Workshop (HPW) where we will all right a script based on one of seven characters they gave us and they will pick five of them. Then we will split into five groups and apply for the different positions and make those five scripts into films. Sounds pretty cool. I think I'll apply to direct and edit as my second choice. Anyway...
Last night we had a student screening where we could show some of our previous work. It was fun to see what some people have done prior to coming here. I know we'll all learn so much and the quality of what we are doing will exponentially jump ahead. It was a good time and then spent an hour or so chatting with some of the guys before I headed off to bed. Here in the next day or two I plan on watching "The Departed" with my roommate from Connecticut...so that'll be fun.
Well, that's all for day five. I will have some neat stuff on day six and then you will all just have to hold your breath for the once a week blog!
Love you all

No comments: