Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Week Six in L.A.

These keep getting later and later. One day late here, two days late there...yada yada...
Lots and lots going on. With every passing day I become more and more drawn to this town. I'm drawn to it. It probably has something to do with the weather in the winter :-) But, also the atmosphere and being so close to the film industry. Not making a solid decision yet, just thinking out loud.
Anyway...it was a good week. I can't believe how fast it seems to be going by. The sad part is that being so busy with class and things that I've had less time than I'd like to really explore and experience Los Angeles. Little bits and pieces, but not as much as I'd like to.
The week started out with an ear infection and too much money spent at a clinic where they just checked what I said was wrong and didn't check anything else. So now it feels better, but still feels a little clogged up. And I know you all want to know about stuff like this.
I've had to refocus a little this week, reminding myself of the song I feel like God put in my heart upon my arrival here:
Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

2. Be Thou my Wisdom, Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee, Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

3. Be Thou my battle-shield, sword for my fight,
Be Thou my dignity, Thou my delight.
Thou my soul's shelter, Thou my high tower.
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

4. Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise,
Thou mine inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

5. High King of heaven, my victory won,
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heav'ns Son!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my vision, O ruler of all.

Anyway...the highlight of this week was the opportunity to be a part of "110 Stories," a dramatic reading of accounts from 9/11 to raise money for the Los Angeles chapter of the Red Cross. I helped with Craft Services (Food) for the actors. I spent my day in a room with people whom you'd recognize if I took the time to name drop. Then I got to watch the show thanks to the generosity of the wonderful casting director I have the privilege of interning with. Sitting in the row next to me and my friend was Gary Sinise. I feel different about dropping that name since I didn't actually meet him, he was just watching the show. It was a late night, but so worth it. Great experience.
I finished filming my last project for my MPP class this weekend and am working on the editing now. Look for it on FB in another week or so. Now I can focus totally on the HPW film that I'm directing. That's a load off :-)
So, I find myself really enjoying the time here, falling in love with this exciting town and really loving the February weather here. My sympathies to my East Coast peeps :-)
Well, it's late so that'll have to do for now. Love to you all

No comments: