Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Batman Returns

Let's be honest, shall we? Up until the most recent Christopher Nolan "Batman" movies there were only two of the original four that should have ever been made and both of them starred the same actor (Michael Keaton) as Batman and were directed by the same genius (Tim Burton). I saw both of those movies in the theaters and recall not being very impressed with "Batman Returns." I revisited the film twice in the last three weeks and both times I was blown away and going, "Why didn't I like this movie when it came out?" Everything about it was intelligent (says me) and the acting was great. Michelle, Michael, and Danny were amazing. At any rate, watching this movie again for the first time in almost twenty years was like rediscovering something that you had misplaced. Hooray for the Batman movies (not counting the Batman Forever and Batman and Robin...poop) that started a trend.

No comments: