Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I'll try this out/stupid questions #1

So a friend of mine uses this sight and I thought I'd give it a try too. At any rate you'll have to pardon me if this sucks and what not since I'm new to it.
As my first thought let me tell you about a phone call I received at work the other day. The phone rings and, of course, I answer it. "Blockbuster. May I help you?" I spoke clearly and, shy of being stupid or deaf ,the other person should have understood me. "Is this Blockbuster?" He asked. Well, duh! You think? "Yes." The next question blew me away more than the first. Now, this isn't the first time I've had this question, but it struck me as particularly dumb on this day. "Are you open?" Now, why would I be here answering the phone if we weren't open? Once someone answers the phone at a place of business your question should change to "How late are you open?" Or something like that. Does one think that I honestly don't have anything better to do with my life and time than sit at work when we're closed and answer the phone? Come on, people! Let's think about what we're asking before we ask it.

2 comments:

Brad Duncan said...

awesome blog! though the black background is a bit much.

who was the friend you got this idea from????

Brad Duncan said...

oh, by the way this reminds me of a moment from "Empire Records" when the kid answers the phone, "Empire Records, open til midnight." There is a brief pause and he goes, "Midnight." and hangs up the phone!

classic