Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I Teach Kids That Crime Doesn't Pay

Funny story...I'm driving the twins over to a friend's house earlier this evening and we pass two little kids, a boy and a girl. They're just out playing and having a good time. I notice that the girl is holding a fake gun-a soft air bb gun. I recognize it because it's the same one I have. Anyway, I think nothing of it until they start to act a little...well, funny as we got closer. As we were parallel to the girl with the gun, she shot at my car as we passed. Her and the boy stood there laughing, thoroughly amused with thier little prank. I watched them for a moment in my rear view mirrior and then I said to Abbi, "You want to see two kids get really scared?"
I quickly applied my breaks, the whole time looking in my mirrior to be sure to see the change of expressions on the faces of the kids. Sure enough, they stopped laughing and stood perfectly still until...I put the car in reverse and began backing up to their location. They ran as fast as they could to their house.
Abbi, Allison, and I let out an enormous laugh at our little joke and Abbi said (while continuing to laugh, mind you), "We're so mean."
No, Abbi. We're not mean. Hopefully those little pranksters will think about a couple things next time they try to be funny. First, they had the drive-by shooting thing all backward and...Second, it's all fun and games until the bigger guy comes back.

No comments: