Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

"The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"
Directed by Andrew Dominik

Don't the ridiculously long title detour you from seeing this very artistic film.
I wasn't sure what I was expecting from this picture, although I guess I assumed it would be a shoot 'em up western. This isn't the same type of western that we've been seeing resurface in recent years. While the film is, admitingly, slow in places it is never boring. It managed to keep my interest piqued. Of course, I love history and I'm aware that not everyone does. So, it is fair to say that this movie will probably not hold a mass appeal. However, if you like the tasteful, artistic, and,at times, gritty, then you'll enjoy this unique film. It is definintely worth checking out. For film students this is a great example of well composed shots.

No comments: