Thursday, February 28, 2008

Michael Clayton

"Michael Clayton"
Directed by Tony Gilroy
One this year's Best Picture nominations, Michael Clayton delivers. Great acting and well thought through writing create an engaging drama/suspense feeling. Not a lot of action for those of you that like to see random things blowing up. There is some, but most everything here is drama and carried by the great cast.
Speaking of the cast...I've never been a big Clooney fan (he's so lucky Batman and Robin didn't ruin his carreer), and while he was great (nominated for an Academy award) I still can't help but being more impressed with Tom Wilkinson's acting. Everytime I see him in something I'm simply blown away. He's amazing. If you see this film for no other reason, see it for Tom Wilkinson's performance. The story is good, though. Hang in there and don't be thrown off by the begining "4 years earlier" thing. It pays off fairly well.
And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: